Staying in a five star environment…
Come together in harmony with nature
Our beautiful holiday home 'In het Dal van Schophem' is located in the beautiful Belgian Limburg Voer region. This protected landscape is characterized by numerous hillside forests and nature reserves, green hills and fruit orchards with many beautiful cross-border walking routes. Here you can fully recharge your battery. Not many people live in the Voer region: here you can enjoy peace and space…
A magical ecological place
The holiday home is part of a former square farm from 1711. This farm has been lovingly restored with ecological materials such as wood, clay, lime paint, linseed oil paint and beeswax. We generate our electricity with solar panels and where possible we use rainwater. The solar water heater provides hot water. Since 2014 you can stay in our 4-star holiday home recognized by Tourism Flanders.
To live consciously
Ecological and conscious: for you and our environment
'In the Valley of Schophem' you experience the meaning of a good and conscious life. In this holiday home, the sun provides your green electricity and your hot water. The rain flushes your toilet, the washing machine, the cleaning buckets and takes care of the garden. Pruning wood from the area warms your wood stove in the winter days, purely for cosiness next to or instead of the central heating. For washing and cleaning we use ecological, 100% biodegradable products. You can charge your electric car at our own charging point for a small fee.
You can completely relax at In het Dal van Schophem…
Here you can enjoy walking, cycling, reading, writing, lazing around and tasting the regional specialties. In winter, the cozy living room is the heart of the house, where you can enjoy each other's company, a good book, a movie, or a nice meal by the wood-burning stove.
- More than 120 m2 of holiday space
- Living room with cozy wood stove
- Fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, hob, oven, microwave, extractor hood, dishwasher, coffee maker, kettle, crockery, glasses, pans and cutlery.
- Downstairs toilet
- Bedroom 1 with two-person box-spring bed (180×200 cm, twin beds), double duvet, pillows and wardrobe
- Bedroom 2 with two box-spring beds (90×200 cm), two single duvets and pillows, wardrobe
- Badkamer: douche, tweede toilet, wastafel met spiegel, scheerspiegel en haardroger.
- Heating: underfloor heating, if necessary supplemented with radiators with digital thermostatic valves.
- WiFi, turned on or off at your choice for a WiFi-free zone
- Cable television
- Washing machine, dryer and ironing facilities
- Charging point for your electric car (for a small fee)
free parking space in front of the door
- Walking and cycling routes and information about the area
Everything in a row
- Arrival from 4 pm, departure before 10 am, deviations in consultation.
- Hiking and cycling tours start right outside the door, so you can leave your car behind for your entire holiday.
- Non smoking
- The entire house has hard floors (parquet and tiles).
- Bus stop 408865 SGV Schophem is 50 meters away.
- The nearest forest is less than 300 meters (or 4 minutes) walk. Blissful!
Our prices include:
- Tourist tax
- Water, heating and electricity (except electric car charging station)
- Final cleaning